Monday, February 18, 2013

Settle: Lenten Devotional (First Sunday in Lent)

First Sunday of Lent: Photo Devotion

SETTLE

 Thus the Lord gave to Israel all the land that he swore to their ancestors that he would give them; 
and having taken possession of it, they settled there.
Joshua 21:43

This week my wonderful husband gave me the most beautiful Valentines Day gift....a four month old rescue mutt I named Lady. When we brought her home for the first time i expected that she might take a few days to adjust to a new home and a new routine. She surprised us all by acting as if she had been living here her whole life. The above picture was taken just an hour or so after bringing her home. As you can see she immediately settled right in.

As I reflect on today's Lenten word (Settle) I am reminded of the times that God has provided a place for me to settle: A home, a church, a calling, a marriage, a parenthood. God has provided me with so many amazing places and positions in which he says, "settle here for a while, there is work to do and lessons to learn."

Where are you settled in life? Is it a place of God's provision or have you chosen the place yourself? Is it a place of comfort or a place of challenge?

Settle

be where God calls you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment