Monday, February 25, 2013

COVER: Lenten Devotion Day 13

Lenten Photo Devotion: Day 13

COVER

But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy. 
Spread your protection over them, so that those who love your name may exult in you.
 For you bless the righteous, O Lord; you cover them with favor as with a shield.
Psalm 5:11-12

I am so blessed to say that almost every room in my home contains millions of little tokens of love. My Granny Hamlin (Geneva) loved to quilt and the only thing she loved more than quilting was giving her quilts away. The million tokens of love are the tiny little stitches that she hand stitched in each of my quilts. They may not have been perfect but in each stitch I can imagine what she was doing as she made it...sitting on her sofa, thinking of her family, praying for us, worrying over us...and loving us. She may be gone from this earth but every time I cover myself with one of her quilts or place one on my children's beds I know her love still covers us and I am secure in her arms once more.

As I reflect on the love of Christ I see how his love also transcends the separation of heaven and earth. I am surrounded by millions of tokens of his love - big and small - that remind me each day that I am covered in his love and sheltered in his arms. 

What tokens of Christ's love will you recognize today? 

COVER

be wrapped up in Christ's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment