Sunday, March 3, 2013

THIRST: Lenten Devotion Day 19

Lenten Devotion Day 19

THIRST

 "Please, sir," the woman said, "give me some of that water! 
Then I'll never be thirsty again, and I won't have to come here to haul water."
John 4:14

I love every Sunday morning but there is always an extra spring in my step on Communion Sundays because I feel most like the woman at the well on those days. 
"Please, sir...give me some of that water! Then I'll never be thirsty again."

It is always amazing to me how a tiny bit of bread and a small sip of juice can be so filling 
and yet it is...heart, mind and soul. 

All day long I am full of Christ
the sweet taste
the nourishing morsel
the body
the blood

All day long I am full of Christ
the sound of whispered "amen"
the touch of a neighbors hand
the sight of the little children with delight in their eyes
the body
the church

Thank you, sir for the water
I
THIRST
no more




No comments:

Post a Comment