Monday, April 11, 2011

Ode to the Wind

  Is it crazy that I love the wind?
I sit alone - a blue chair upon the green grass,
my eyes closed.
I am kissed ever so gently by the wind.

Breathe deeply.
She carries with her the fragrance of Wisteria.
Just a faint touch
but it is glorious

Listen.
She brings the sound of a child's conversation.
They walk home together from the bus stop,
she laughs with them.

Remember.
Her rustle of leaves takes me to a different place,
a different time.
I am alone on a beach, the waves sing to me.

The ebb and flow of an ocean current
are heard now in my backyard.
She beckons me to remember
and relax.

Breathe on me, Breath of God
Breathe on me.
Once she came in a mighty rush
and all were filled with fire and power

Breathe on me, Holy Spirit,
Breathe on me.
She has
She does
She will

Is it crazy that I love the wind?
I think not

No comments:

Post a Comment